All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect with HIVE integration

kc64645
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to setup HIVE connection using Splunk DB connect and stuck on Kereberos authentication. I have setup db_connection_types.conf and added cloudera drivers for HIVE DB.  While setting up connection I am using below jdbc URL (as per clodera documentation) and getting Kerberos authentication error.

jdbc:hive2://<host>:10000/<db_name>;principal=hive/<my_kdc_principal_name>;AuthMech=1; KrbRealm=<kdc realm> ;KrbHostFQDN=<kdc host fqdn>; KrbServiceName=hive;KrbAuthType=2;useSSL=1

ERROR: 

[Cloudera][HiveJDBCDriver](500168) Error creating login context using ticket cache: Unable to obtain Principal Name for authentication .

If I use below jdbc URL (as per other answers from Splunk Community), I am getting different KDC authentication error 

jdbc:hive2://<host>:10000/<db_name>;principal=hive/<principal_name>;useSSL=1

ERROR: 

[Cloudera][HiveJDBCDriver](500164) Error initialized or created transport for authentication: Invalid status 21.

Kindly help! Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Omar
Explorer

Hello, 

Were you able to solve this? if yes please let us know.

0 Karma

DanielPi

Hi @Omar,

I’m a Community Moderator in the Splunk Community. 

This question was posted 3 years ago, so it might not get the attention you need for your question to be answered. We recommend that you post a new question so that your issue can get the  visibility it deserves. To increase your chances of getting help from the community, follow these guidelines in the Splunk Answers User Manual when creating your post.

Thank you! 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...