All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect rising input creation problem

nembela
Path Finder

Hi,

I have the following problem with rising input creation. If I try to add the following query as a rising input, I receive an error:

SELECT *
FROM DIARY
WHERE DIARY_DATE > ?
AND TABLE_ID = 3
ORDER BY DIARY_DATE ASC

But the following query works:

SELECT *
FROM DIARY
WHERE DIARY_DATE > ?
ORDER BY DIARY_DATE ASC

"Step 4" fails when I click "next" on the "New input" screen, however the query runs fine. db_connect.PNG

According to the documentationit is permitted to use complex WHERE clauses:

"Use other advanced SQL features in the WHERE clause—for example a CASE statement."

Do you have any idea what went wrong here?

Thanks,

László

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nembela
Path Finder

It turned out that it was a bug in DB connect (DBX-5327) that was fixed in 3.4.2

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nembela
Path Finder

It turned out that it was a bug in DB connect (DBX-5327) that was fixed in 3.4.2

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Under the heading of "dumb things to try that just might work" try swapping the order of the where clause.

SELECT *
FROM DIARY
WHERE TABLE_ID = 3
AND DIARY_DATE > ?
ORDER BY DIARY_DATE ASC
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

nembela
Path Finder

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to exchange the conditions but it did not help. The result was the same.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...