All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: Why is the Java Bridge no longer running after upgrading from Splunk 6.1.3 to 6.2.1?

hlarimer
Communicator

I setup db connect on Splunk Enterprise 6.1.3 and it was working perfectly. I upgraded to 6.2.1 and the Java Bridge won't start any longer. I have completely uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it still won't install.

I am running Java 1.7 on RHEL 6.5. I tried removing the state.xml file as seen in many of the forums but it didn't help. I've looked in the logs but I'm not seeing anything relevant...but may be looking in the wrong place.

1 Solution

hlarimer
Communicator

I worked with Splunk support and found a solution. By adding the "interval=1" line to dbx/local/inputs.conf it made it so db connect would start immediately instead of having the delay we were seeing.

[script://./bin/jbridge_server.py]
disabled = 0
interval = 1

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hlarimer
Communicator

I worked with Splunk support and found a solution. By adding the "interval=1" line to dbx/local/inputs.conf it made it so db connect would start immediately instead of having the delay we were seeing.

[script://./bin/jbridge_server.py]
disabled = 0
interval = 1

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, an uninstall and reinstall of DB Connect might help. Alternatively, if you file a support ticket we might be able to see what's going on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...