All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: Inputs get disabled after server restarts. Is there a way to automatically re-enable the inputs or another solution?

johnpof
Path Finder

I work in a dynamic environment and often servers will get restarted for various reasons, updates for example..

Often I'll miss these events because I'm not on-call or nobody tells me. What happens is Splunk DB Connect disables all the inputs for that server and never tries to re-enable them.

So that data stops flowing into Splunk until someone manually re-enables the inputs for the servers in question.

My question is: Is there any way to have auto-retry logic? Or is there something I can use to monitor for inputs that get disabled? Right now I simply can't trust the data going into it because of this.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ppablo
Retired

Hi @johnpof

There's a previous Answers post similar to this topic with an answer that suggests disabling the auto_disable setting in inputs.conf. That might solve your issue:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/438527/how-to-prevent-splunk-db-connect-2-from-disabling.html

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...