All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: How to track a stored procedural call from Middleware to a database?

hemendralodhi
Contributor

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where Middleware needs to execute a stored procedural call (read only) against DB and that need to be tracked in Splunk. The client doesn't want to log the invocation call data in any log file. How can we achieve this? I was reading about the Splunk DB Connect app which can trigger a stored procedural call, but that may not be applicable here as that will be a different trigger from Splunk itself, but we need to track the data b/w Middleware <-> DB.

Please advise.

Thanks
Hemendra

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

"I want to know what happened across multiple systems but I refuse to write a log file"... the only possible answer is network monitoring. Try the Splunk Stream App?

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You could perhaps use Http Event Collector:
http://dev.splunk.com/view/event-collector/SP-CAAAE6M

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You could also put it in a docker container and use the container-logging.

0 Karma

hemendralodhi
Contributor

Thanks for your response but these are oracle call and going from app to db directly. HTTP(S) is not being used.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

"I want to know what happened across multiple systems but I refuse to write a log file"... the only possible answer is network monitoring. Try the Splunk Stream App?

hemendralodhi
Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to do POC on stream app and it is looking good but facing some issue, posted different question for that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...