All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: How to properly upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.0.1?

timm747747
Path Finder

We are currently at v2.1.2 of Splunk DB Connect running on our heavy forwarder in a distributed environment. I want to upgrade to eventually get to version 3.0.1 but the upgrade path says to upgrade to 2.4.0 then migrate to 3.0.1 (I'm assuming because of the config file changes and the migration scripts). I don't see any information for going to 2.4.0 from 2.1.2 though. In Manage Apps next to 2.1.2, it has a hyperlink to update to 3.0.1 but I know I don't want to do that because i have to stop at 2.4.0 on the way.

Do I just install app from file to upgrade to 2.4.0? I've tar'd up the Splunk DB Connect directory in case something goes wrong.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

from 2.1.2 to 2.4.0 should be an in-place upgrade, no migration script necessary. Backing up before changing is absolutely a best practice, of course.

View solution in original post

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

from 2.1.2 to 2.4.0 should be an in-place upgrade, no migration script necessary. Backing up before changing is absolutely a best practice, of course.

amanediel
Explorer

What do you mean by in-place upgrade? I too am facing this issue. Should I just install 2.4 from file or does "in-place upgrade" mean something else?
Thanks in advance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...