All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect - Error after enabling "Upsert"

lokeshvi
Explorer

Problem Scenario.
I am using Splunk DB Connect 3.2 with MS SQL Server as a connection
Establishing the connection and having Splunk input from the connection are working fine
The output is also working fine if I do not enable the "Upsert"
Whenever I try to enable the "Upsert" value, the job always fails.

Below are the error messages I am receiving. Request assistance.

2020-01-19 23:50:01.109 +0530 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-26] INFO com.splunk.dbx.connector.logger.AuditLogger - operation=dboutput connection_name=localmssql_conn stanza_name=Testing state=error sql='SELECT [ID],[FirstName] FROM "OfficePOCs"."dbo"."Personsv1" WHERE ID=? ; UPDATE "OfficePOCs"."dbo"."Personsv1" SET [ID]=?,[FirstName]=? WHERE ID=?' message='uniqueKey not found in mappings'

2020-01-19 23:50:01.109 +0530 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-26] ERROR org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob - Unable to write records
java.lang.RuntimeException: uniqueKey not found in mappings
at com.splunk.dbx.service.output.OutputServiceImpl.lambda$processUpdate$2(OutputServiceImpl.java:126)
at java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Unknown Source)
at com.splunk.dbx.service.output.OutputServiceImpl.processUpdate(OutputServiceImpl.java:126)
at com.splunk.dbx.service.output.OutputServiceImpl.output(OutputServiceImpl.java:67)
at com.splunk.dbx.server.dboutput.recordwriter.DbOutputRecordWriter.writeRecords(DbOutputRecordWriter.java:47)
at org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob.writeBatch(BatchJob.java:203)
at org.easybatch.core.job.BatchJob.call(BatchJob.java:79)
at org.easybatch.extensions.quartz.Job.execute(Job.java:59)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...