All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: Can I run 2 versions on the same server to avoid migrating database inputs to an upgrade? (v2.3.0 and v3)

earlhelms
Path Finder

I am currently running DbConnect version 2.3.0 and I would like to upgrade to DbConnect version 3. My issue is that I have maybe 40 database inputs and various other uses of DbConnect that would make a migration difficult. What I would like to do is install both versions on the same server and slowly migrate and test one input at a time.

Is it possible to run DbConnect version 2 and version 3 on the same server?

earlhelms
Path Finder

Thank you. I'm upvoting even though I upgraded long ago.

0 Karma

FlavioKoch
Engager

Thank's I thought maby other users will have the same question and get to this page as well.

0 Karma

FlavioKoch
Engager

You can copy the app folder from the old version and rename it to _old or something like that. Then you can simply install the new version and you will have both versions working on your splunk instance.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...