All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 3 how to connect Hive?

tbadman

I am trying to get DB Connect 3 to recognize my Hive driver and can't get it to cooperate.

I have downloaded Hive JDBC Driver 2.5.19 from here and extracted it into the drivers directory of the DB Connect app so the structure looks like:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/commons-codec-1.3.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/hive_metastore.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/hive_service.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/httpclient-4.1.3.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/httpcore-4.1.3.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/libfb303-0.9.0.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/libthrift-0.9.0.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/log4j-1.2.14.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/ql.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/slf4j-api-1.5.11.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.11.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/TCLIServiceClient.jar $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/HiveJDBC41-libs/zookeeper-3.4.6.jar

But when I reload the drivers page in DB Connect, Hive is still an unrecognized driver... any help would be great!

alt text

0 Karma

locose
Path Finder

Hello did you get this to work?

0 Karma

amielke
Communicator

the HiveJDBC driver must fill out in a stanza in the db_connect_types.conf like this:

1 [hive]
2 displayName = Hive
3 serviceClass = com.splunk.dbx2.SparkJDBC
4 jdbcUrlFormat = jdbc:hive2://<host>:<port>/<database>
5 jdbcUrlSSLFormat = jdbc:hive2://<host>:<port>/<database>?useSSL=true
6 jdbcDriverClass = com.simba.hive.jdbc41.HS2Driver
7 supportedVersions = 1.0
8 port = 10000
9 ui_default_catalog = $database$
10 connection_properties = {"verifyServerCertificate":"false"}

You must know the right jdbcDriverClass in line 6!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...