All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 3.1.1 -- Error in 'dbxquery' command with Server SQL 2008 R2

UNI_Splunk

Hello,

I am presently putting in place a proof of concept of Splunk Enterprise. I'm trying to access a Microsoft SQL 2008R2 server with the DB Connect addons, The conection seems to work because I see my database list and select one. When I just want to make a select on a table to extract the data, here is the error that I get:

Error in 'dbxquery' command: External search command exited unexpectedly with non-zero error code 255.

Thank you for your help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

bhicks32
Explorer

Hello,

Can you provide the search query you are currently using?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bhicks32
Explorer

Hello,

Can you provide the search query you are currently using?

Thanks.

0 Karma

bhicks32
Explorer

Try using this syntax:

|dbxquery connection="$ConnectionName$" shortnames=t query="SELECT * FROM $Database.Schema.Table$"

0 Karma

UNI_Splunk

Alway the same error

Error in 'dbxquery' command: External search command exited unexpectedly with non-zero error code 255.

0 Karma

UNI_Splunk

SELECT * FROM "Database"."Shema"."Table"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...