All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I unable to create a pivot chart based on a My SQL dbxquery search?

karthikeyan_mac

Hi All,

I am new to Splunk and working on Splunk DB Connect 2 app to query the MySQL DB tables to create report. I created the Identities, connections, and DB Inputs for MySQL DB. When I search:

| dbxquery query="select * from table" connection="myconnection"

I am getting the query output with the columns and rows in MySQL Table, but Pivot does not work. If I go to "statistics or visualization" and click Pivot and select fields and click OK, it shows "0" events and also count of Object shows as "0".

Can someone help me in creating Pivot/Chart based on the MY SQL Query? Am I missing anything else to create a Pivot.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthikeyan

0 Karma

CurryPan
Communicator

Hi Karthikeyan_mac,

The data should be indexed, please refer to https://answers.splunk.com/answers/242448/splunk-db-connect-2-why-are-we-getting-no-results.html.

Hope this answer helps you.

0 Karma

karthikeyan_mac

How can we index the Data? I have already created DB Inputs,,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...