All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I not getting any events from one input?

kranthi851

Hi all,

I have an issue with a Splunk DB Connect input. I'm getting events from all inputs, but not from one input, so I created a new input (disabled old one), but it runs for only some time and not able to get events.

alt text
Checkpoint value = 2023-10-04 09:53:43.0 for a rising column(EVENT_TIME)

Is checkpoint value is the problem?

0 Karma
1 Solution

hogan24
Path Finder

Yes I believe the checkpoint value is the issue b/c it's only going to look for events after that time. Assuming you have no events after the year 2023 already in your DB, then yes, that is the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hogan24
Path Finder

Yes I believe the checkpoint value is the issue b/c it's only going to look for events after that time. Assuming you have no events after the year 2023 already in your DB, then yes, that is the problem.

0 Karma

kranthi851

Thanks for response. Is this because of the query , Can you let me know how can i solve this one?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Anything in the logs (dbx.log, dbx2.log, splunkd.log)?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...