All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2.4: How to resolve "AuthenticationError: Request failed: Session is not logged in" error on Heavy Forwarder?

3no
Communicator

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with Splunk DB Connect.

Splunk DB Connect 2.4 is installed on a heavy forwarder and I'm using a Search Head Cluster.
I keep having this error in dbx2.log every time :

2017-04-21T13:41:13+0200 [INFO] [mi_base.py], line 190: action=caught_exception_in_modular_input_with_retries modular_input=mi_input://Data_URL retrying="5 of 6" error=Request failed: Session is not logged in.
Traceback (most recent call last)
File "$SPLUNK_HOME/db_connect/bin/dbx2/splunk_client/../../splunk_sdk-1.5.0-py2.7.egg/splunklib/binding.py", line 300, in wrapper
"Request failed: Session is not logged in.", he)
AuthenticationError: Request failed: Session is not logged in.

Any help ?

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Several possibilities:

1: you're using the incorrect authentication settings (bad username/password)
2: you're using a SQL user/pass and have not enabled "basic sql authentication" on the database instance. Or you're using service account that isn't allowed to connect, Wrong type of authentication provider, etc.

I would start by making sure the type of authentication you want to use has been enabled on the instance, make sure the account isn't locked out or had the wrong password or wrong permissions on the database/table.

You can look at the sql servers error logs and find more details that will help you too.

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...