All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Custom Action, Results Inline

jeffreyjewitt
Explorer

Hi:
I've recently setup the pagerduty and hipchat integrations for scheduled searches to send data to these 2 services.
I have come across an issue, where with the hipchat integration, people still want to receive an email alert, but they also want the results to be posted to a hipchat room.
I've done testing, and can see that for the hipchat integration, once per result is the proper way to do this, but this won't work for the email alert on the same scheduled search, once per search is the proper action for that, so that people aren't being spammed by multiple emails.
Is there anyway to pass the inline table of results that the email has, to custom notifications, such as hipchat?
We don't want to setup 2 scheduled searches that do the exact same thing, 1 for email, and 1 for hipchat, as that would be a waste of resources.

Currently, with 'once per search' selected, the hipchat room only receives the first event, and nothing else, the email receives all of the events.
Thanks
-Jeff

amalkapuram

How did you get the app working? Please help. What was the URL Base?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can call sendemail inside of the search itself:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Sendemail

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...