All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Connect for Kafka: Previously stored configurations reload when Kafka Connect is restarted.

yhu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, I need help on Kafka Connect.

I am using Kafka _2.12-1.1.1 and Splunk Connect for Kafka version 1.20. It's distributed mode but there is only 1 Kafka connect node.
I'm having a problem with managing configurations.

When I DELETE a connector, and then restart Kafka Connect, the old connectors might be reloaded.
And sometimes create a new connector with curl localhost:8083/connectors -X POST -H…. will failed (no error message, but not added successfully).

It seems the old connector configurations were stored somewhere and sometimes Kafka Connect will looking for those when restarted.

I am thinking if we can delete old configurations permanently before creating new connectors then the problem might be solved.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ilya_resh
Engager

Not sure if answer is relevant anymore or is feasible in your environment, but anyway:
* Try deleting the topics that sc4k has created using kafka-topics.sh command

* try changing the topics that sc4k is using (in the connector-distributed.proprties)

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...