All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Cloud compatibility for Splunk Add-on for NGINX

wryanthomas
Contributor

Hi. We requested this add-on be installed in Splunk Cloud and received the following answer from Splunk Cloud. Can you all provide Splunk Cloud compatibility?

"Our Splunk Cloud operations and security teams have determined that the App you've requested is not compatible and/or secure within the Splunk Cloud service architecture. Please see their comments below:
Thank you for your app install request. Your app did not meet security and functionality requirements for Splunk Cloud for the following reasons:The application can be configured for unencrypted communication, which is not permitted in Splunk Cloud. All communication must be encrypted (HTTPS preferred).Once these issues are remedied you can resubmit your app for review.Alternatives:If the customer would like the display elements in this app (e.g., dashboards, panels, etc..), they should modify the app [...] to remove any unneeded componentsUpdate the regex specified in nginx_status.py to only allow HTTPS endpoints
"

marycordova
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a Splunk built and supported app, you should be able to file a support ticket for them to fix this, though it does say that it is only compatible with Splunk Enterprise...so it might be a while since this could be construed as a Feature Request.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3258/

@marycordova
0 Karma

wryanthomas
Contributor

I know right? As you can see from my post -- I did file a support case with them. And I did ask them to address the issue. I was a little flummoxed that they suggested that I post here. shrug

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...