All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Babel Fish app - Anyone know about it?

mudragada
Path Finder

I'm at a .conf2017 session on Splunk NLP and the demo'ed app is "App:Babel Fish" in a test environment - that converts the language queries into SPL and presents visualizations. This can integrate really well with Alexa.

Anyone knows - where to get this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ddas_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

Thank you for attending the session.
Our plan is to launch the product in the new year. We are however starting a beta program in the next month, so if you are interested in participating and giving us feedback we would be happy to sign you up.
As this is pre-release software, I have to remind you that it comes with all the legal disclaimers to protect you and us (as covered in the presentation). The project name is temporary and the application name will most likely change as we prepare the product for launch.

Thank you,

Dipock

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

If you are interested in using Alexa to talk to your data in Splunk , I wrote this over a year ago and is production stable.It is free to download from Splunkbase :

www.baboonbones.com/blog/talk-to-splunk-with-amazon-alexa/

It was also on show at Conf17 :

https://www.splunk.com/blog/2017/10/06/alexa-ask-splunk.html

Also , Insight Engines are doing some good stuff :

https://insightengines.com/

Hope this is useful 🙂

0 Karma

ddas_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

Thank you for attending the session.
Our plan is to launch the product in the new year. We are however starting a beta program in the next month, so if you are interested in participating and giving us feedback we would be happy to sign you up.
As this is pre-release software, I have to remind you that it comes with all the legal disclaimers to protect you and us (as covered in the presentation). The project name is temporary and the application name will most likely change as we prepare the product for launch.

Thank you,

Dipock

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @mudragada, I hope you're having fun at .conf! I checked and it looks like the release date is TBD, but I pinged the speaker and will let you know if there's more info in a follow-up comment.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...