All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App name not visible after copying

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I copied some apps from one instance to another and surprisingly the name of the app is not shown anymore. When I expand the App-dropdown, the app is there and I can choose it, but I would like to have the app-name permanently displayed that the users knows which app they are in.

I am not able to figure out what is the issue here. This is the case for both my own apps but also for the standard Splunk apps, like the ML Toolkit, see the screenshots below.

Is it because of copying? I did not install it new, just copied the folder from the os unix "splunk" account.

Perhaps this is about the Splunk version:  I am copying from 8.0.6 to 8.1.2.

Could anyone help?

Kind Regards,

Kamil

damucka_0-1614267349103.png

damucka_1-1614267370451.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

t_walter

Hi

we have updated from 8.0.8 to 8.1.6 now and we have the same experience, some app names are shown like "App: Splunk DB connect" and for other apps it's only showing "Apps".

Can anybody explain this or maybe tell us how to fix it?

regards
Thomas

0 Karma

bharathkumarnec
Contributor

@damucka , Yes! But these are only displayed when we navigate to inputs, configuration pages that are custom to the add-on's but when we navigate to "search" tab under the Db connect app for example, again the app name disappears from the top left section. same as the case with webtools.

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

It is due to different Splunk versions. Prior to the 8.1 versions, the MenuButton label was App: <APPNAME>. Now it is just Apps.

0 Karma

damucka
Builder

@manjunathmeti

Thank you.

But, are you positive on this? Because interestingly for some Apps the names are still showing ... e.g. DB Connect or Webtools Apps, see the screenshots.

Kind Regards,

Kamil

damucka_0-1616065739067.png

damucka_1-1616065753494.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...