All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure dashboards are blank, no errors, nothing? Thoughts?

neiljpeterson
Communicator

I downloaded and configured Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure including the needed LDAP and powershell app (did not setup the PS app, that is only needed for 2012r2 and above) and configured the nessesary pieces but still having difficulty. The dashboards from the app are blank but if I open the same dashboard from the list of dashboards it works. It looks like there are two versions of each dashboard in the app, one works, one does not.

Example:

I can pull this dashboard from "View Dashboards" and it works nicely:

%SPLUNK_WEB%/dj/en-us/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/palette/ActiveDirectory.UserUtilization677/

This dashboard is loaded from the link in nav/default.xml and does not work:

%SPLUNK_WEB%/dj/en-us/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/ad/sec_user_utilization/

No error, just blank dashboard.

Also, when I run the detect script from the config page, I get "No active directory found" So I am guessing that may be related. I followed all the setup steps. I suspect there was a another step that may have been implicit that I missed.

The only next step I can think of is dig into the app files themselves.

Any other troubleshooting suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

dlofstrom
Path Finder

I was directed to the following post on Splunk Answers, which acknowledges that this is a bug in v1.0.1.

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/135849/app-for-windows-infrastructure-101

I also just received confirmation that v1.0.1.1, which contains a fix for this, is being released in a few hours.

View solution in original post

dlofstrom
Path Finder

For what it's worth, I didn't have the problem where it auto-detect my AD, but it did initially fail to detect users, groups and computers. Found out the problem was that the eventtypes ultimately were searching on index=main. I have nothing dumping to 'main'. A quick edit to customize those eventtypes to point to the correct index allowed them to be found through the auto-detect wizard.

0 Karma

dlofstrom
Path Finder

OK, I just installed v1.0.2 and the issue appears to be fixed. I do have some other questionable things to look into (such as why it doesn't auto-detect AD Users and Groups and build menus/dashboards for those), but there's probably a reasonable explanation for that.

dlofstrom
Path Finder

I was directed to the following post on Splunk Answers, which acknowledges that this is a bug in v1.0.1.

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/135849/app-for-windows-infrastructure-101

I also just received confirmation that v1.0.1.1, which contains a fix for this, is being released in a few hours.

neiljpeterson
Communicator

This also worked for me!

0 Karma

dlofstrom
Path Finder

Having the same problem. Anyone found an answer to this yet? I have a ticket opened with support; I'll update here if I hear anything useful.

neiljpeterson
Communicator

Awesome! I hope we get an answer!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...