All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure and Windows add-on version 6

msaz
Path Finder

Fresh install (not in production yet) so I can reconfigure as necessary.
Distributed deployment, all Splunk servers are Linux; 1 search head, 3 indexer cluster, 1 deployment server
Getting an error during guided setup re version 6 of the add-on is installed.
Have been following this guide:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MSApp/1.5.1/MSInfra/AbouttheSplunkAppforMSInfrastructurea

Okay to bypass this error?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

install the TA that matches the requirement, 5.0.1 or 4.8.4

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rsanders30
Path Finder

You could use v6, but you would have to bypass the pre-requisite checks. However, please note that you have to complete certain steps prior to deploying v6. Right now, I personally feel it isn't worth the headache. I've come across various issues with dashboards and data not ingesting correctly.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

install the TA that matches the requirement, 5.0.1 or 4.8.4

0 Karma

msaz
Path Finder

I used the 5.x version and it's working. Not sure why Splunk released the 6.x version and didn't include it as part of this. Must be for something else.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...