All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure: Why is my Group Membership dashboard throwing error "External search command 'ldapgroup' returned error code 1"?

daniel333
Builder

all,

I am setting up the Splunk app for Windows Infrastructure. Dashboards I expect to work are working. HOW EVER I am not seeing:

Group Audit >> Full Group Membership dashboard is throwing this error.

External search command 'ldapgroup' returned error code 1. Script output = "error_message=Missing required value for alternatedomain in ldap/default. "

So far no other dashboards are having problems. I reviewed my SA-ldapsearch apps

here is my ldap.conf config

#ldap.conf
[somedomain.com]
  alternatedomain = SOMEDOMANI
  basedn = DC=somedomain,DC=com
  binddn = somedomain\SvcSplunkLDAP
  port = 389
  server = awesomeserver01
  ssl = 0

Any ideas here?

hettervik
Builder

I had the same problem. There seems to be a bug in the add-on. Try moving the configuration over to the default stanza instead of using a custom one (somedomain.com in your case).

See the following thread: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/172847/ldapfilter-is-giving-me-error-missing-required-val.html

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

It is telling you what it needs. I don't know why but it requires you to configure an alternate domain in the default setting. Go back and add a value and it should work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...