All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure: How to make sure Key Value Store is enabled to pass the installation requirement?

rnsvi5565

Just did a totally fresh install of Splunk for windows on a server 2012. Trying to get the App for windows infrastructure installed and I cannot seem to get the system to pass the requirement for KV Store. I have confirmed I am on 6.2.1 so I should not have the bug in 6.2 and according to everything I am reading KV store should be on by default. I cannot for the life of me find anything mentioning where to make sure that KV store is on and I cannot find anything about enabling it. Found one reference to checking server.conf but I am guessing that is nix related because the windows instance of that file contains very little info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Splunk newbie

0 Karma

tollops
Explorer
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi rnsvi5565,

did you install the 64Bit or the 32Bit version of Splunk? Because the 32Bit will not work, see the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/Admin/AboutKVstore

KV store is available and supported on all Splunk Enterprise 64-bit builds. 
It is not available on 32-bit Splunk Enterprise builds. 
KV store is also not available on universal forwarders. 

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

rnsvi5565

Thanks for the response MuS

Sorry should have mentioned that I did install 64Bit edition on newly installed windows 2012 Server.
Any other thoughts?

0 Karma

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

Found the answer (fix worked for me on the same issue) here - http://answers.splunk.com/answers/203979/splunk-app-for-microsoft-exchange-how-to-get-the-t.html

0 Karma

rnsvi5565

Yikes, no answers at all to this??? Really sort of stuck without being able to get this working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...