All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure: How to make sure Key Value Store is enabled to pass the installation requirement?

rnsvi5565

Just did a totally fresh install of Splunk for windows on a server 2012. Trying to get the App for windows infrastructure installed and I cannot seem to get the system to pass the requirement for KV Store. I have confirmed I am on 6.2.1 so I should not have the bug in 6.2 and according to everything I am reading KV store should be on by default. I cannot for the life of me find anything mentioning where to make sure that KV store is on and I cannot find anything about enabling it. Found one reference to checking server.conf but I am guessing that is nix related because the windows instance of that file contains very little info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Splunk newbie

0 Karma

tollops
Explorer
0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi rnsvi5565,

did you install the 64Bit or the 32Bit version of Splunk? Because the 32Bit will not work, see the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/Admin/AboutKVstore

KV store is available and supported on all Splunk Enterprise 64-bit builds. 
It is not available on 32-bit Splunk Enterprise builds. 
KV store is also not available on universal forwarders. 

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

rnsvi5565

Thanks for the response MuS

Sorry should have mentioned that I did install 64Bit edition on newly installed windows 2012 Server.
Any other thoughts?

0 Karma

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

Found the answer (fix worked for me on the same issue) here - http://answers.splunk.com/answers/203979/splunk-app-for-microsoft-exchange-how-to-get-the-t.html

0 Karma

rnsvi5565

Yikes, no answers at all to this??? Really sort of stuck without being able to get this working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...