All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for VMware: How do you install the app on Windows 2012 R2 server?

learylike704

Hello,
So unfortunately being a windows guy I have installed splunk on a windows 2012 r2 server and works great. However when I go to the apps store and try to download the splunk app for vmware it keeps failing. If I download it manually it comes in a .zip format and all videos and documentation tell me to just unzip the contents and put them in the "$SPLUNKHOME" directory. Now if I try and manually install the app using the app manager it of course is looking for a .spl or tar.gz which of course is not the .zip format. Any suggestions would be appreciated or if there are any documents/videos outlining how to do this for a windows based install that would be great. I do see there is an .ova as part of the .zip package so do I just need to install that into my vmware environment and point back to the windows box? Thanks in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

mgildenhorn_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there. Unfortunately, Splunk App for VMware is not supported on Windows Platforms

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/3.1.2/Installation/Platformandhardwarerequirements

View solution in original post

mgildenhorn_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there. Unfortunately, Splunk App for VMware is not supported on Windows Platforms

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/3.1.2/Installation/Platformandhardwarerequirements

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...