All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for VMware: How do you install the app on Windows 2012 R2 server?

learylike704

Hello,
So unfortunately being a windows guy I have installed splunk on a windows 2012 r2 server and works great. However when I go to the apps store and try to download the splunk app for vmware it keeps failing. If I download it manually it comes in a .zip format and all videos and documentation tell me to just unzip the contents and put them in the "$SPLUNKHOME" directory. Now if I try and manually install the app using the app manager it of course is looking for a .spl or tar.gz which of course is not the .zip format. Any suggestions would be appreciated or if there are any documents/videos outlining how to do this for a windows based install that would be great. I do see there is an .ova as part of the .zip package so do I just need to install that into my vmware environment and point back to the windows box? Thanks in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

mgildenhorn_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there. Unfortunately, Splunk App for VMware is not supported on Windows Platforms

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/3.1.2/Installation/Platformandhardwarerequirements

View solution in original post

mgildenhorn_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there. Unfortunately, Splunk App for VMware is not supported on Windows Platforms

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/3.1.2/Installation/Platformandhardwarerequirements

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...