All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Unix and Linux: How to bring certain panels to a separate, home dashboard?

ananthan123
Explorer

Hello,

I have installed Splunk App for Unix and Linux and I would like to bring some of the panels to a front/home dashboard. Is there a way I can bring those views to my dashboard?

I copied the XML into dashboard and it is not working. Do I need to do anything else?

0 Karma

sumanssah
Communicator

For "Splunk App for Unix and Linux" we have no option to edit Panel directly.

As an alternative we can edit app views, please check below mentioned steps:

1. Select "App" from left top, attaching screenshot for reference
    alt text

2. Click on "Manage App". From app context select "Splunk App for Unix and Linux".

3. Now sort the table with field "Config type" and check for "views".

This will result in all default/inbuilt dashboard "xml" code.

1. Now go back to "Splunk App for Unix and Linux" and click on search option.
  2. Create a dummy dashboard and replace the dashboard code with required default/inbuilt code (Captured from step 3)
  3. Select/add any additional panel and save the result as a dashboard.

Hope this will help.

............SS

0 Karma

ananthan123
Explorer

Here is the xml file

Hosts

<param name="text">View</param>
0 Karma

ananthan123
Explorer

The dashboard and view has different syntax in the top and it won't work.

0 Karma

ananthan123
Explorer

I tried not working,

Here is the top line

""

0 Karma

ananthan123
Explorer

Thank you very much. Let me try and let you know.

0 Karma

ananthan123
Explorer

Thank you very much, but there is no edit option for "Splunk app for Unix". Am I missing some thing?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That means your role doesn't have edit/write permission on the app and/or dashboard from unix app. May be work with your admin to get the prebuilt panel created (and ask her/him to give read permissions for your role)

0 Karma

ananthan123
Explorer

Correct, Yes, I want to bring certain panels to home dashboard, but those panels are saved as view and it is from the Unix App. I would like to bring that to home dashboard.

I have already created the home dashboard, now trying to bring panels from different apps to home dashboard.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What you can do is, (will work if those panels are not using any form input tokens)
1) Go to Unix app dashboard/view that contains those panels.
2) Click on (top right) Edit->Edit Panels
3) For each panels that you want to export, click on setting icon (gear symbol on top right of the panel) and select 'convert to prebuilt panel'. Provide appropriate ID and save the panel.
4) On your home dashboard, go to Edit-> Edit Panels.
5) Click on Add new panel and select the Prebuild panel option to select the one you saved.

0 Karma

sumanssah
Communicator

Do you want default/inbuilt panel to bring into front dashboard or you want to create a new one ?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean there are certain panels that want to see in/as home dashboard?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...