All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Unix and Linux: Dashboard statistics table to show processes that consume > 85% of hosts memory and CPU

johnward4
Communicator

Dashboard statistics table for Processes that consume > 85% of hosts memory and cpu.

Ideally I'd like to Show results by process name, host, % memory used, % cpu used to notify which are my top offender process causing host performance issues.

Working with this query so far for my linux hosts :

(index=os host=* source=ps) process_name!="-bash"| stats count as avg(process_cpu_used_percent) by process_name, host | rename "avg(process_cpu_used_percent)" as "% CPU Used by Process"

working with this saved search so far for windows hosts :

index=perfmon earliest=-15m source="Perfmon:Process" counter="% Processor Time" (instance!="_Total" AND instance!="Idle" AND instance!="System") | eventstats avg(Value) as AvgValue by host,instance | top instance by AvgValue,host limit=10 showperc=f showcount=f| sort -host,-AvgValue

1 Solution

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you wanted both CPU and Memory you could use a where clause such as:

(index=os host=* source=ps) process_name!="-bash"| stats avg(process_cpu_used_percent) AS avgCPUUsed by process_name, host | where avgCPUUsed > 85 | rename avgCPUUsed AS "% CPU Used by Process"

where is documented here and stats is documented here , you can split your stats command by multiple fields if you wish and you can use boolean logic in your where clause.
So you may want to do avgCPUUsed>85 AND avgMemUsed > 85 (or similar)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you wanted both CPU and Memory you could use a where clause such as:

(index=os host=* source=ps) process_name!="-bash"| stats avg(process_cpu_used_percent) AS avgCPUUsed by process_name, host | where avgCPUUsed > 85 | rename avgCPUUsed AS "% CPU Used by Process"

where is documented here and stats is documented here , you can split your stats command by multiple fields if you wish and you can use boolean logic in your where clause.
So you may want to do avgCPUUsed>85 AND avgMemUsed > 85 (or similar)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...