All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP: Why does my sourcetype=ontap:volume search return some volumes with a null value for size-used and size-total?

iain001
Explorer

Hi all,

sourcetype=ontap:volume (source="volume-list-info-iter-start" OR source="volume-get-iter") | stats first(&#42) as &#42 by host, name | table host, name, size-available, size-used, size-total

When I run this search, I always get the correct value for "size-available", but some (not all) volumes have a null value for "size-used" and "size-total".

It does not seem to be related to the DOT version on the NetApp as I have another NetApp pair running the same version which does not exhibit this behaviour.

TIA
iain001

iain001
Explorer

sz_free and storage_used_percent fields are always present, so sz_used and sz_total can be calculated:

sourcetype=ontap:volume (source="volume-list-info-iter-start" OR source="volume-get-iter") | `CoalesceVolumeFields` | eval na_gb_used=`BytesToGigaBytes(sz_used)` | eval gb_free=`BytesToGigaBytes(sz_free)` | eval na_gb_total=`BytesToGigaBytes(sz_total)` | eval calc_total=100 * (sz_free / (100 - storage_used_percent)) | eval calc_gb_total=`BytesToGigaBytes(calc_total)` | eval calc_gb_used=calc_gb_total - gb_free | eval gb_total=if(na_gb_total == "Null", calc_gb_total, na_gb_total) | eval gb_used=if(na_gb_used == "Null", calc_gb_used, na_gb_used) | stats first(*) as * by host, name | table host, name, gb_free, gb_used, gb_total | stats sum(*) as * by host | eval percent_used=round(100*gb_used/gb_total,1)
0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @iain001

If you're officially answering your question, don't forget to Accept it to resolve the post.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...