All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP: Why am I getting a data collection "job_aggregate_execution_info" error?

hiteshkanchan
Communicator

I am getting the following error when I execute:

index=_internal sourcetype=splunk_ta_ontap_api* OR sourcetype=hydra* ERROR

I don't see any data in index=ontap or any of the other NetAppdashboards. I am using the Universal Forwarder (instead of LWF or HF) as Data Collection Node (DCN) and installed python in that. Is that fine?

Also enabled port 8008 on the DCN to receive the data from the storage devices.

2015-07-24 19:59:42,832 ERROR [ta_ontap_collection_scheduler://nidhogg] Problem with hydra scheduler ta_ontap_collection_scheduler://nidhogg: 'job_aggregate_execution_info' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-Hydra/bin/hydra/hydra_scheduler.py", line 2136, in run collection_manifest.sprayReadyJobs(self.node_manifest) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-Hydra/bin/hydra/hydra_scheduler.py", line 735, in sprayReadyJobs available_work_load, balanced_load = self._calculateLoadDistribution(active_workers, ready_jobs, node_job_infos) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-Hydra/bin/hydra/hydra_scheduler.py", line 535, in _calculateLoadDistribution self._update_execution_time(node_job_info["job_aggregate_execution_info"]) KeyError: 'job_aggregate_execution_info'
0 Karma
1 Solution

hiteshkanchan
Communicator

I installed the Heavy Forwarder (instead of UF) and enabled the Forwarding to the Indexer/SH.
I was earlier enabling 8008 port explicitly but then I stopped listening on this port. It is working for me now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hiteshkanchan
Communicator

I installed the Heavy Forwarder (instead of UF) and enabled the Forwarding to the Indexer/SH.
I was earlier enabling 8008 port explicitly but then I stopped listening on this port. It is working for me now. Thanks.

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
  1. I would not try UF with your own Python if I were you. You're taking responsibility of any unexpected issue such as performance or version change, not supported modules, SSL issues etc which may be related to your python package.
  2. If you need to stick with UF with your own Python package for some reason, I still recommend you to deploy a recommended approach to make sure your deployment works before doing this approach. Whenever, you have problem with UF with your own python, you should go back to recommended deployment to make sure that works fine.
  3. The error message indicates the DCN is running scheduler instead of workers. Something is wrong
  4. "Enabled port 8008 on the DCN to receive the data from the storage devices"; port 8008 is to communicate with a scheduler, not to retrieve data from filer nodes. So, something in configuration might be wrong around here, too.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...