All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange: Why am I seeing these errors throughout various dashboards?

davidjohnbecket
Path Finder

Hi all,

After successfully installing a POC of the App: Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange in my test environment i went ahead and installed and configured this in production.

We run a search head cluster and index cluster, Splunk Version 6.5.2

I have run through the Guided Setup and all looks to be ok.

However, there are several errors i am seeing throughout the various dashboards.

Error 1: Exchange Service Analyzer - Error in 'map': Did not find value for required attribute 'time'.

alt text

Error 2: Host Overview - returns data however you see an ! triangle and notified that there are missing lookup tables

[IndexServer1] The lookup table 'hostInformation' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'source::...(service|process)...'.
[IndexServer1] The lookup table 'hostInformation' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'source::...Perfmon...'.
[IndexServer2] The lookup table 'hostInformation' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'source::...(service|process)...'.
[IndexServer2] The lookup table 'hostInformation' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'source::...Perfmon...'.

I have built the look ups again, and rebuilt the Data Models but none of this has helped.

Where should the lookup table 'hostInformation' be located? I can only see the 17 default lookups in the app:

alt text

Any ideas?

0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

Go through the documentation again. I came across this kind of issue and when I check the supported ad add on is missing,once I added everything was working.

In your case just go thru the documentation again.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

did you configure the app first on the deployer and then pushed the configured Exchange app to the search heads?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...