All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Jenkins: I get results running searches, but why is no data appearing in dashboards?

yossi

hi

Recently, I have installed the Splunk App for Jenkins from Splunkbase. I configured it all by the book, but unfortunately, I cannot see any data on app dashboards.

Configuration process:
1. i v enabled HTTP Event Collector on Splunk.
2. created token for Jenkins use- chooses to allow Jenkins indexes (jenkins,jenkins_statistics,jenkins_console,jenkins_artifact)
3. on Jenkins iv configured it with all default settings

What is working is that in the main search, there is data from Jenkins.
I can search all indexes and find data.
The only problem is with the app - all tabs are missing data

Splunk ver: 6.4.1
App ver: 1.0.2

What am I missing? Please advise.
Thanks

0 Karma

txiao_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I updated the wiki https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Splunk+Plugin+for+Jenkins section 2.1. Metadata configuration

For Splunk 6.3.x or 6.4.x, please adjust the default sourcetype to _json in advance section(please remove it if Splunk get upgraded to latest version otherwise data will be extracted twice)
alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...