All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Infrastructure

bogdan_nicolesc
Communicator

Hi guys,

I get this error message on Splunk App for Infrastructure:

Received event for unconfigured/disabled/deleted index=em_metrics with source="source::Perfmon:CPU" host="host::DSK0098" sourcetype="sourcetype::Perfmon:CPU". So far received events from 1 missing index(es).

Can anyone tell me why i get this and how can i correct it?

Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

lakshman239
Influencer

The add-on/app installed and configured is sending logs/data to an index called "em_metrics", but that's not defined. Please create "index=em_metrics" if you haven't done so and the message will go away. [ if you are creating indexes via indexes.conf], you will need to restart the indexer.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

The add-on/app installed and configured is sending logs/data to an index called "em_metrics", but that's not defined. Please create "index=em_metrics" if you haven't done so and the message will go away. [ if you are creating indexes via indexes.conf], you will need to restart the indexer.

0 Karma

bogdan_nicolesc
Communicator

Hi lakshman239,

This is the short answer.

The longer answer is the fact that i have overlooked the fact that i needed to install Splunk Add-on for Infrastructure.

Bogdan.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...