All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Infrastructure entity inactive after 3 minutes of collecting data

hgu
Explorer

Currently, I have a search head running Splunk Enterprise 7.2 on Windows Server machine and an indexer running Splunk Enterprise 7.2 on another Windows Server machine. I have installed Splunk App for Infrastructure (1.2.0) on the search head and have installed Splunk Add-on for Infrastructure (1.2.0) + Splunk Universal Forwarder (7.1.1) on the indexer.

I set up Splunk App for Infrastructure and added the indexer as an entity. I was able to observe about 3 minutes of the indexer's status/performance before data stopped being collected. Now in the Entities view, the indexer is marked as "Inactive". Also, in the Analysis tab for the indexer, I'm getting a lot of errors saying "Unknown search command 'mcatalog'."

I have no idea why the indexer is inactive. Splunkd and the SplunkUniversalForwarder services are running on the indexer. Any ideas on what might be wrong would be really appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

hgu
Explorer

I made a dumb mistake. The powershell script that I'm supposed to run when I add an entity was pointed to the search head instead of the indexer. I must've had it correct at one point for 3 minutes before rerunning the incorrect one, causing the 3 minutes of misleading success.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hgu
Explorer

I made a dumb mistake. The powershell script that I'm supposed to run when I add an entity was pointed to the search head instead of the indexer. I must've had it correct at one point for 3 minutes before rerunning the incorrect one, causing the 3 minutes of misleading success.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...