All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Infrastructure : entities still in inactive status

francoisternois
Path Finder

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use Splunk App for Infrastructure bu I've an issue : some entities are in inactive status although receiving data (confirmed in "Analysis" view) but sometimes go back to active and so on.
As most of the "sometimes inactive status" entities are receiving data every 5m (not production hosts), I wonder if there is a parameter to tune the detection of pseudo inactivity ?

Thanks for your help
Francois

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You need to increase the "monitoring_calculation_window" for in "collectors.conf" and restart Splunk.

If its Linux entity - increase the "os" stanza
For Windows - increase the "perfmon" stanza

Data is coming every 5 minutes (300 sec), I will keep the value between 450 to 600. This will make sure that SAI searches last 450-600 sec in past for the latest data.

0 Karma

francoisternois
Path Finder

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately, I set it up to 600s but it didn't work. I still have these inactive entities.
After analysis, it seems that it's not related to delay since last data received since I have inactive status with entities updated less than a minute ago.
Any other ideas ?

Regards,
Francois

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check if you see any error or failed messages in logs:

index="_internal"

0 Karma

francoisternois
Path Finder

Hello,
Thank you again for your help.

No specific error or failed for splunk_app_infrasctructure or sai
The version installed is 1.4.1 (last version compatible with Splunk 7.1.4) on a SHCluster.

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I will upgrade Splunk and SAI both. Splunk 7.1.x has some Windows metrics issues (upgrade to 7.2 or later).

0 Karma

francoisternois
Path Finder

Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...