All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Content Packs 1.1.0 fails to install invalid app contents

terminaloutcome
Path Finder

When trying to install this app on 8.2.0 (or 8.2.1) I get the following error:

There was an error processing the upload.Invalid app contents: archive contains more than one immediate subdirectory: and DA-ITSI-CP-microsoft-exchange

This happens when uploading the downloaded .spl file or installing it automatically from the integrated installer. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The content pack app cannot be installed from the UI. Because it it not one app, but several apps compressed in the same folder.

check the docs : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSICP/current/Config/About#Install_the_Splunk_App_for_Content...

You need to access the search-head file system, and untar the app installer in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps (or on the deployer for SHC)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...