All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for AWS: using one index per client (multi-tenancy)

steffenmazanek

Dear Splunk community members,

I want to configure the Splunk App for AWS for multi-tenancy. For a new customer AWS account, I
- created a dedicated index for this customer
- configured cloudtrail and config inputs (SQS based S3) as well as description and cloudwatch inputs to write their data into the new index
- created a new user and role in Splunk that can only access the new index

Since this Splunk cluster is only used for AWS App, I removed the index filters from several search macros mentioned here:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AWS/5.1.1/Installation/Useacustomindex
Then I could execute the Addon Metadata searches of the addon. After that, I could use most functionality with the new user and what I see is indeed restricted to that specific account.
However, I failed to get the topology view. From what I analyzed there are several specific indices for the topology handling (aws_topology_history, aws_topology_daily_snapshot, aws_topology_monthly_snapshot, aws_topology_playback). I do not want to give the user access to these indices because then he could also see data/topologies about other clients.

Do you have any ideas or advice how I can have multi-tenancy and still provide the users access to their topology?

Any help with that is greatly appreciated!

Brgds and thanks
Steffen

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...