All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for AWS: "Some panels in this dashboard may not display correctly because you do not have the following inputs configured: Config, CloudTrail, Metadata, CloudWatch, Billing" appearing after upgrade to 4.1.0

Grahamw81

I have just updated Splunk App for AWS to 4.1.0 and I am now receiving an alert saying that some dashboards may not display correctly as I haven't configured inputs. I am using the Splunk Add On to configure the inputs (directly on the forwarder) and the data is being pulled through. Is there anyway of clearing this message?
Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for reporting this, Grahamw81. If you have confirmed that you are getting the data that you expect, that is what matters. I'll report to the dev team that the message should take into account that inputs may be configured directly through the add-on.

To clear the message, you can try going to the configuration tab in the Splunk App for AWS, opening your inputs there, and resaving them without (necessarily) making any changes. Try this first with just the Metadata input or the Billing input to see if that changes the message. If that works, you may want to also resave your Config, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail inputs from the app. NOTE, however, that resaving CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Config inputs from the Splunk App for AWS may cause some of advanced parameters to change when you resave. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AWS/4.0.0/Installation/Migrationguide#Migrate_your_existing_inp... for details of the resaving behavior. You can always change the parameters back from the add-on if this affects you.

View solution in original post

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for reporting this, Grahamw81. If you have confirmed that you are getting the data that you expect, that is what matters. I'll report to the dev team that the message should take into account that inputs may be configured directly through the add-on.

To clear the message, you can try going to the configuration tab in the Splunk App for AWS, opening your inputs there, and resaving them without (necessarily) making any changes. Try this first with just the Metadata input or the Billing input to see if that changes the message. If that works, you may want to also resave your Config, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail inputs from the app. NOTE, however, that resaving CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Config inputs from the Splunk App for AWS may cause some of advanced parameters to change when you resave. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AWS/4.0.0/Installation/Migrationguide#Migrate_your_existing_inp... for details of the resaving behavior. You can always change the parameters back from the add-on if this affects you.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...