All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App and edit app.conf

rmorlen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We use the version number in app.conf for version control of Splunk apps. I know you can directly edit the app.conf file and update the version number. Is there a way through the GUI to update this value? I saw for an app that you can edit properties which does an action=edit. Is there a way to customize this to include the version number?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Possible, but not recommended. It might break when you upgrade (move to the local folder for the app just in case). That being said:

In the file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/default/data/ui/manager/apps_local.xml, locate the section for "Version". Add this into the list (in between list and create): <view name="edit"/>. This will work for any other properties as well.

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Possible, but not recommended. It might break when you upgrade (move to the local folder for the app just in case). That being said:

In the file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/default/data/ui/manager/apps_local.xml, locate the section for "Version". Add this into the list (in between list and create): <view name="edit"/>. This will work for any other properties as well.

rmorlen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thank you. This worked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...