All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App and Add-on for Okta: Why are we not seeing our production Okta data in the app, only non-production data?

butzowj
Path Finder

Hello -

I am using the Splunk App and Add-on for Okta. Works pretty great so far, EXCEPT:

The production Okta data is not being returned by the Splunk app, but all of the non-production data is (dev, stage, qa). Is there anything obvious I could change from the Splunk side that would make this call work?

Thanks!
JB

0 Karma

rwang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Butzowj

Can you explain more about production okra data and non-production data please? I am guessing you're using multiple domains and probably need to configure access from your account to those domains (Okta side).

0 Karma

butzowj
Path Finder

Yes, I am only the splunk administrator, so I have limited understanding of okta. This is how I have configured things so far;

for dev, QA, & stage environment, I supplied the following:
URL, ( e..g - dev-123456.okta-preview.com) all non-production URLs contained the word "preview"
API Token, (e.g. - ASDHJKGHD123123146346etc....) unique API token for each URL

For prod I did the same, only with a different URL & API key. So I suppose I am trying to determine if there is a difference in how an okta-preview URL would be set up compared to a production okta URL.

Thanks!

0 Karma

krishnacasso
Path Finder

Hi Butzowj,
Did you figured out this. Did you find any thing new to setup production instance Okta URL.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...