All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App and Add-on for AppDynamics: Where do I need to place AppDynamics certificates in order to configure HTTPS?

cchange
Path Finder

When I am configuring HTTPS url in the Splunk Add-on for AppDynamics, I'm getting SSL certificate error. I placed certificates in tempcerts folder but still I'm getting same error. Can anyone please let me know how I can resolve this issue?

kcepull2
Path Finder

I added the self-signed root certificate authority to the end of the cacert.pem file, but am still getting the error. Any other suggestions?

0 Karma

tmartin14

Do you have a proxy server between the forwarder and AppDynamics controller? If so, you'll need to configure that in the add-on's settings.

0 Karma

tomm_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe the certs will need to be in the cert store for the operating system. The input will try to use OS certificate store to validate the server certificate. Hope this helps...

cchange
Path Finder

I need to provide my AppD secure URL as a input to Add-on. When I provide https URL, I'm getting SSL certificate error. Can you please let me know where I need to import\place AppD certificate on AppD app directory ?

0 Karma

georgen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Secure method:
append your CA's certificate that had signed the AppDynamics web_server cert to the TA’s list of trusted + verified providers in this file: $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/requests/cacert.pem

-OR-
Insecure method aka "Luuudicrous Mode."
Disable SSL verify
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_AppDynamics/bin/splunk_ta_appdynamics/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py

line 474:

headers=headers, cookies=cookies, verify=True, cert=cert

Change to:

headers=headers, cookies=cookies, verify=False, cert=cert
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...