All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App For Jenkins 2.0.4 failing Cloud vetting

rbolande
Explorer

I am trying to install the Splunk App For Jenkins (v 2.0.4) in our Splunk Cloud environment (v 8.1.2103.3) and the app is failing vetting.  On the Splunkbase page for the App, the compatibility indicates that I should be able to install.

Is someone out there actively maintaining this app and can take note of some changes in a future version?

Thanks,
REID

These are the messages related to the failures (there are some warning too):

[ Failure Summary ] Failures will block the Cloud Vetting. They must be fixed.

check_rest_handler_python_executable_exists
  • The handler of stanza [script:customIndex] should be `python3` executable. File: default/restmap.conf Line Number: 12
  • The handler of stanza [script:customPanel] should be `python3` executable. File: default/restmap.conf Line Number: 1
  • The handler of stanza [script:userValidation] should be `python3` executable. File: default/restmap.conf Line Number: 23
check_for_telemetry_metrics_in_javascript
  • The telemetry operations are not permitted. Match: window._splunk_metrics_events.push File: appserver/static/pages/job.js Line Number: 6
  • The telemetry operations are not permitted. Match: window._splunk_metrics_events.push File: appserver/static/pages/health.js Line Number: 6
  • The telemetry operations are not permitted. Match: window._splunk_metrics_events.push File: appserver/static/pages/audit.js Line Number: 6
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

App Inspect is somewhat fluid.  Requirements change as necessary.  I don't know why splunkbase sometimes says an app is compatible with Splunk Cloud, but fails vetting.

That app is unsupported so it may be a while before it is updated, if it is updated at all.  OTOH, the author may have read this posting and is working on a fix as we speak.

Consider submitting the app is a private one.  This will get it installed before an update comes out (if it ever does), but means you will be responsible for the customizations.  Once the original app is updated you can install it and disable the private version.

In addition to the changes called for in the vetting results, you'll have make two other modifications:

1) Change the directory name of the app to one the reflects your company name.  For example, if the current directory name is Splunk_TA_Jenkins then you might change it to MyCo_TA_Jenkins (where "MyCo" is an abbreviation of your company name).

2) Change the id attribute in default/app.conf to contain the directory name you created above.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

App Inspect is somewhat fluid.  Requirements change as necessary.  I don't know why splunkbase sometimes says an app is compatible with Splunk Cloud, but fails vetting.

That app is unsupported so it may be a while before it is updated, if it is updated at all.  OTOH, the author may have read this posting and is working on a fix as we speak.

Consider submitting the app is a private one.  This will get it installed before an update comes out (if it ever does), but means you will be responsible for the customizations.  Once the original app is updated you can install it and disable the private version.

In addition to the changes called for in the vetting results, you'll have make two other modifications:

1) Change the directory name of the app to one the reflects your company name.  For example, if the current directory name is Splunk_TA_Jenkins then you might change it to MyCo_TA_Jenkins (where "MyCo" is an abbreviation of your company name).

2) Change the id attribute in default/app.conf to contain the directory name you created above.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

rbolande
Explorer

Rich,

Thanks for the reply!  The specific app to which I was referring is not supported outright, so I was posting the question here hoping for some attention (eventually) from someone involved in its creation.

With the number of Splunkbase apps that my team is asked to get installed to the cloud, making "custom" versions of anything that fails vetting is not really feasible...but, in some cases, some of our more savvy internal customers can take the XML from Splunkbase dashboards and use that to create their own solutions without requiring our resources.

Thanks,
REID

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...