All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App AWS 500 Error on Configuration

jkostovich
Explorer

Hello,

Currently having an issue with configuring the Splunk APP for AWS. Here is some background on the installation before I get into it.
Windows 2012 R2
Splunk Enterprise 7.0.1
Distributed environment. (App was deployed via a deployment server)
Splunk AWS Add-On installed and running.

The problem: Each time I open the splunk app for aws and click the "configure tab" it immediately gives me a 500 error and tells me to check the web_service.log for details that it doesn't actually create. The app seems to be functioning as all the pages load and look for data except the configure page. Digging a bit deeper into this, I found the following in a system log file.

2018-01-19 09:25:31,558 [ERROR] [command_acl_inputlookup.py] Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:Program FilesSplunketcappsSplunk_App_awsincommand_acl_inputlookup.py", line 20, in <module>
    service = LocalServiceManager(app=util.APP_NAME, session_key=session_key).get_local_service()
  File "C:Program FilesSplunketcappsSplunk_App_awsin\utilslocal_manager.py", line 15, in __init__
    splunkd_host_port = self._get_entity(CONF_WEB, 'settings').get('mgmtHostPort', '127.0.0.1:8089')
  File "C:Program FilesSplunketcappsSplunk_App_awsin\utilslocal_manager.py", line 28, in _get_entity
    return entity.getEntity(path, name, sessionKey=self._session_key, namespace=self._app, owner=self._owner)
  File "C:Program FilesSplunkPython-2.7Libsite-packagessplunkentity.py", line 249, in getEntity
    serverResponse, serverContent = rest.simpleRequest(uri, getargs=kwargs, sessionKey=sessionKey, raiseAllErrors=True)
  File "C:Program FilesSplunkPython-2.7Libsite-packagessplunk
est__init__.py", line 550, in simpleRequest
    raise splunk.ResourceNotFound(uri, extendedMessages=extractMessages(body))
ResourceNotFound: [HTTP 404] https://127.0.0.1:8089/servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_aws/configs/conf-web/settings; [{'code': None, 'text': 'Application does not exist: splunk_app_aws', 'type': 'ERROR'}]
 (Encoded)

It seems as though it is indeed looking for the config page and assets but simply not finding them? Am I missing something simple here or is a setting misconfigured? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Karma

rkantamaneni_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jkostovich , Did you ever resolve this?

If not, do you know if you had a customer management port configured? You can check via Splunk Web by going to Settings -> Server Settings -> General Settings and checking the management port or checking the mgmtHostPort set in the [settings] stanza of web.conf.

If your management port is different from the default of 8089, this could indicate a connection to Bug ADDON-17613, where the AWS Add-On has issues not recognizing custom management ports. The solution would be to set your management port to 8089 if possible or set a routing table on the local machine to map/forward 8089 to your custom port.

0 Karma

jkostovich
Explorer

I have been continuing to research this and it may be a permissions issue, not entirely sure though.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...