All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Analytics for Hadoop licensing model

rhinomike
Explorer

I get the renaming of Hunk into Splunk Analytics for Hadoop, however, the product pricing is no longer available on the site, nor are definitions on the licensing model.

Would anyone know who is Splunk Analytics for Hadoop going to be licensed?

On a previous job we had TBs of data we used to query with Hunk. Things were great as licenses were per node and for the non-real time stuff that worked very well.

However, since moving jobs I was planning to use Hunk in here as well but I now wonder if we should start looking for a replacement?

I thank you in advance

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @rhinomike - If any of the below answers has helped, please don't forget to click on "Accept" under the best answer to resolve this post. Thank you!

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

From a licensing point of view Splunk Analytics for Hadoop is licensed by the Hadoop nodes (same as it was in the previous releases).

jworthington_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Same product, new name!

There is one difference: Hunk Archive functionality is now integrated into Splunk Enterprise as "Hadoop Data Roll". But once you install your Splunk Analytics for Hadoop license, the experience will be pretty much the same as when it was called "Hunk". Except more seamless.

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

-- However, since moving jobs I was planning to use Hunk in here as well but I now wonder if we should start looking for a replacement?

On the contrary, Hunk or under its new name Splunk Analytics for Hadoop is getting traction within Splunk. I wonder whether the change in name implies changes in the product... not clear yet...

You are right, not much about it at License Splunk Analytics for Hadoop

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...