All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Addons for Windows Issue "LicenseRestriction: [HTTP 402] Current license does not allow the requested action"

gyarici
Path Finder

Hi All,

I 'm using Splunk 6.1 Free license and trying to deploy Windows Addon but I have the following error message called "LicenseRestriction: [HTTP 402] Current license does not allow the requested action".

Even I completed manual configuration of the addon ,I still have the issue. (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WindowsAddOn/4.7.3/User/AbouttheSplunkAdd-onforWindows)

Could you please give the hints of the issue? It doesn't run with Free Licence?

Thanks

Have a great day...

Gokhan

0 Karma

gyarici
Path Finder

Here is the web service logs regarding license restriction issue below.

*File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy/cprequest.py", line 606, in respond cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call
_ return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/routes.py", line 366, in default return route.target(self, **kw)
File "", line 1, in
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/decorators.py", line 38, in rundecs return fn(*a, **kw)
File "", line 1, in
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/decorators.py", line 108, in check
return fn(self, *a, **kw)
File "", line 1, in
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/decorators.py", line 157, in validate_ipreturn fn(self, *a, **kw)
File "", line 1, in
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/decorators.py", line 305, in preform_sso_check
File "", line 1, in
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/decorators.py", line 357, in check_login
File "", line 1, in
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/lib/decorators.py", line 378, in handle_exceptions
File "", line 35, in setup
File "", line 151, in is_app_admin
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/auth.py", line 109, in getUser
info = en.getEntity(uri, name, **kwargs)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/entity.py", line 249, in getEntity
serverResponse, serverContent = rest.simpleRequest(uri, getargs=kwargs, sessionKey=sessionKey, raiseAllErrors=True)
*File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/init.py", line 502, in simpleRequest raise splunk.LicenseRestriction
LicenseRestriction: [HTTP 402] Current license does not allow the requested action

0 Karma

allurirohan
Explorer

Does any one have answer for this ? I am also having same issue

0 Karma

gyarici
Path Finder

Hi ,

I installed the addon according to manual like below. But I didn't do anything with universal forwarder.Then I configured input.conf What is the mistake?

1. Download the Splunk Add-on for Windows from Splunkbase, if you haven't
already.
Note: The file downloads with a .tar.gz extension. Do not attempt to run this
file. You install it from within Splunk Enterprise.
2. Log into Splunk Web on the Splunk Enterprise instance on which you want to
install the app.
3. Once logged in, click the App menu from the upper right menu bar, and select
Manage apps...
4. On the next page, click the Install app from file button.
5. On the Upload a file screen, click Browse...
6. Locate the downloaded splunk-add-on-for-microsoft-windows.tar.gz file
and click Open.
7. Click Upload.
Splunk Enterprise opens the splunk-add-on-for-microsoft-windows.tar.gz
package and installs the application.
8. Click the Restart Splunk button or the link in the banner to restart Splunk.
Note: A dialog box asking you if you are sure you want to restart Splunk may
appear. Click OK to restart Splunk.
9. Once Splunk restarts, click OK to return to the Splunk login page.
10. If needed, configure the add-on to enable Windows inputs.
Note: You do not need to configure the input when you install it on a search head
unless you want to collect Windows data from that search head.

Thanks a lot

0 Karma

donald_mccarthy
Explorer

There is no deployment server capability with a free license. You must install the add on and universal forwarder manually.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...