All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Addon for AWS: How to create account with REST API when Secrete Access Key has Special Characters like / or + in the key?

we553
Engager

Currently we are using the following endpoints to add AWS accounts in the Splunk AddOn for AWS:

1. https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/nobody/Splunk_TA_aws/configs/conf-aws_account_ext
  2. https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/nobody/Splunk_TA_aws/storage/passwords

We have a python script that goes out using Boto3 and requests Key Id and Secrete Access Key for our AWS user. We get those Keys and then we send them to both endpoints to add one of our AWS accounts to the Add on. When doing this it seems that if we get a Secrete Access Key that has a '/' or a '+' sign (special character) in the key the account creation does happen but then if we go so one of our Account Inputs like an S3 input we receive the following error:

"An error occurred (SignatureDoesNotMatch) when calling the GetCallerIdentity operation: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided.
Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.. Please make sure the AWS Account and Assume Role are correct."

Now if I get a key that DOES NOT have a special character in it then it works fine.

I have searched and I have not found a 100% fix for this anywhere, or what the proper way is to send a Key with special characters to the API endpoint in python. I am using the requests library. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help will be MUCH appreciated.

0 Karma

rasikmhetre
Explorer

hello, @we553 did you manage to fix this? i am struggling with the same issue.

0 Karma

vschrodda
Explorer

Were you ever able find a resolution for this issue?  Running into exactly the same thing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...