All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Unix and linux

searching
Loves-to-Learn

After clicking save on the setup page of the Unix / Linux add-on I receive an error message. "There was an unexpected problem while saving inputs. please reload page and try again". Is the a solution for this issue or some key things to check?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

cdstealer
Contributor

Me too.  Nothing regarding errors are logged, but it does product over 1000 lines for cron schedules.

I don't know if the OP has this, but no indices are detected on the setup page either.  I'm running splunk 9.0.3 and nix 8.9.0.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@cdstealer wrote:

... no indices are detected on the setup page either. 

Are indexes configured on the instance?  The app only knows the indexes that are known to the local instance.  A search head does not ask indexers what indexes are set up - it's up to the Splunk Admin to set them up on the SH as well.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

cdstealer
Contributor

Hi @richgalloway, Apologies for the late reply.  It's a single instance, which is why I'm stuck.  I don't have anything special setup, most things are at default.  It's not a file permission thing from what I can see. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming reloading the page and trying again didn't help, look in splunkd.log for helpful messages.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...