All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Symantec: error when installing

pfabrizi
Path Finder

I installed the app and when I tried to make it visible for user to see I get this:
Encountered the following error while trying to update: in handler 'localapps': Data could not be written: /nobody/splunk_ta_Symantec-dlp/app/ui/is_visible: 1

0 Karma
1 Solution

traxxasbreaker
Communicator

What OS is your Splunk instance running on? If you installed it by untarring the app in etc/apps rather than a UI upload, I'd double check the file permissions and ownership within that app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

traxxasbreaker
Communicator

What OS is your Splunk instance running on? If you installed it by untarring the app in etc/apps rather than a UI upload, I'd double check the file permissions and ownership within that app.

0 Karma

pfabrizi
Path Finder

Thank You, I found the folder and file, changed the ownership and I am working. Thanks again.

0 Karma

pfabrizi
Path Finder

Thanks, I am on REHL 6 and I believe I did install by untaring the file and I would have been logged on as root.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...