All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Servicenow - custom alert fields

fisuser1
Contributor

has anyone passed static values into the alert to create an incident in ServiceNow? I was able to modify the snow_incident_m.py, snow_incident_base. and snow_incident.html and successfully to create an incident in ServiceNow. (reference: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/736869/servicenow-how-do-set-extra-custom-fields-when-cre.html) However, now I want to populate some static fields in Splunk so users don't have to enter so many details. Below is an example of my snow_incident_base.py. I've added the first two ("category", "Application") and ("contact_type", "3rd-party"), both originally set to 'None', however when creating a new alert, these default values are not populating. Any suggestions? Am I missing a corresponding location in the other two files/scripts?

# (field_name, default_value)
    fields = (("category", "Application"), ("short_description", None),
              ("contact_type", "3rd-party"), ("splunk_url", url), ("urgency", ""),
              ("subcategory", ""), ("state", "4"), ("comments", ""),
              ("location", ""), ("impact", "3"),
              ("correlation_id", ""),
              ("priority", "4"), ("assignment_group", ""),("u_caller", "Splunk Guest"), ("u_environment", "PRODUCTION"),("correlation_display", ""),
              ("u_incident_cause_owner", "FIS"), ("u_incident_cause_code", ""), 
               ("u_close_code", ""), ("u_close_notes", ""),("u_root_cause_reason", ""))
              ("u_incident_cause_owner", "FIS"), ("u_incident_cause_code", ""), 
               ("u_close_code", ""), ("u_close_notes", ""),("u_root_cause_reason", ""))
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...