All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow: Is it possible to add more columns to results returned by the snoweventstream command?

nhicks
Explorer

When running the |snoweventstream command it returns the columns: "Time of the event", "_time","State","Source","Event Link","Node","Severity","Resource","Type" and "Sys Id". Is there a way to add more columns to the results returned?

For example, in my search, I am looking for PCName. What I would like to do is, when I run the |snoweventstream command, have it return these results.
"Time of the event", "_time","State","Source","Event Link","Node","Severity","Resource","Type","Sys Id" and "PCName"

Is that possible?

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are limited by what ServiceNow Api returns.

0 Karma

nhicks
Explorer

So I forgot to add this to my first question. The reason behind wanting to do this is when i send out an email from the alert that contains the |snoweventstream command the fields that i want to send in the email are not part of the returned results so the emails just end up as blank.

So in this example if I put PC name = $result.PCName$ in the email it ends up as PC Name =

0 Karma

nhicks
Explorer

So there is no way to concatenate Splunk search results with the Servicenow results?

something like | snoweventstream PCname or |snoweventstream." ".PCname or a similar command?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...