All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Salesforce throws 500 Error

axavierequinix
Explorer

I am using the Splunk Cloud instance.
I was able to successfully install and configure the "Splunk Add-on for Salesforce"
But, Splunk Add-on for Salesforce is not pulling any data from Salesforce, but see the following in the log.

The response status=500 for request which url=https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/39.0/ and method=POST.

Any idea?
I'm not seeing any history in salesforce for the configured user.

jawaharas
Motivator

In my case, the error was due to expired user credential.

0 Karma

gordo32
Communicator

So far, I've run into 3 things that can cause 5xx failures:
1. You have an ampersand (or other non-allowed character) in your password. As a test, use just upper/lower/alphanumeric to make sure you get the add-on working, then you can play with which characters are or aren't allowed (I haven't done an exhausting test)
2. The account you're using doesn't have API access assigned to it in Salesforce
3. You don't have a token specified OR your source IP isn't whitelisted in Salesforce

Hope these help everyone...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...